The Swiss Secretariat for International Finance (SIF) and Elevandi (a company set up by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) to advance FinTech in the digital economy) will kick off the inaugural Point ZERO Forum in Zurich, Switzerland, tomorrow.
Running from 21 to 23 June 2022, the invite-only, in-depth engagement forum which brings together founders, investors, and policymakers will focus on two significant new market opportunities built on Web 3.0 architecture: tokenisation and sustainable finance.
Tuesday, 21 June
The Forum begins with the Investor Summit by Elevandi Connects, a closed-door briefing for investors in the afternoon of 21 June (CEST), with opening remarks by Alvin Tan, Singapore’s Minister of State, Ministry of Trade and Industry and Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth, and Board member of MAS. It is followed by an Investor Roundtable on the future of the Token Economy and Sustainable Finance. Attendees can also attend various Innovation Tours scheduled throughout the day to uncover the latest developments in Web 3.0, embedded finance , and sustainable finance. These tours were curated by research centres, incubators, and accelerators around Zug and Zurich.
The next two days of the Forum will focus on extensive discussions around Web 3.0.
Wednesday, 22 June
Spotlight on The Future of Financial Services: Four special sessions in the Leadership Series will feature
1) Driving FinTech Through Three Double Helixes by Singapore’s Deputy Prime Minister and Coordinating Minister for Economic Policies, Heng Swee Keat, who will open the day’s events;
2) Agustín Carstens, General Manager, Bank for International Settlements, Ravi Menon, Managing Director, Monetary Authority of Singapore, and Prof Thomas J. Jordan, Chairman of the Governing Board, Swiss National Bank will come together to discuss The Future of Financial Services : The Policy Makers’ Perspective;
3) Douglas Lehman Feagin, Senior Vice President for Global Strategic Partnerships and Investments, Ant Group, Ericson Chan, Group Chief Information and Digital Officer, Zurich Insurance Company, Olga Zoutendijk, Chairwoman, Fnality International, and Ralph AJG Hamers, Group Chief Executive Officer , UBS Group AG, will share insights at a Board Room Talk: The Future of Financial Services; and
4) Where FinTech Meets Impact: Tokenisation and Sustainable Finance by Switzerland’s Federal Councillor, Ueli Maurer, who will close the day’s activities.
Six plenary sessions focusing on the Tokenisation Market Opportunity will cover key topics from Crypto: Current and Future Economy to the Building Blocks for the Token Economy and What’s Next for Stablecoins. Leading experts from the public and private sector will share their insights on crypto regulations, digital assets, Decentralised Finance, and Central Bank Digital Currency in a series of closed-door roundtables.
Thursday, 23 June
Seven plenary sessions focusing on the Sustainable Finance Opportunity will cover key topics such as The ESG Market Opportunity: Accessing Credible Data, Board Room Talk: The Climate Imperative to Innovative Finance for Conservation. At the closed-door Roundtables, participants from public and private sectors will come together for dialogues in Shared Responsibility: The Future of Green Financing and Unlocking ESG Data: The Role of Public-Private Digital Partnership.
Spotlight on FinTech Leaders:
1) Series of fireside chats with international founders and influencers such as:
- Benjamin Cistecky, Director, Investments, Temasek
- Henric Suuronen, Founding Partner, Play Ventures
- Feng-Yuan Liu, Vice President of Business Development, Aicadium
- Jeff Schumacher, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, NAX Group
- Julian Teicke, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, wefox
- Ladi Delano, Co-Chief Executive Officer & Co-founder, Moove Africa
- Marco Bizzozero, Head of International & Member of the ExCo, iCapital
- Matthias Knecht, Co-Chief Executive Officer & Co-founder, Billie
- Neil Davidson, Executive Chairman, Coda Payments
- Sam Rhee, Chairman and Chief Investment Officer, Endowus
- Sebastien Borget, Co-Founder & Chief Operating Officer, The Sandbox
2) The day closes with a Digital Assets: Ask Me Anything with David Marcus, Co-founder & Chief Executive Officer, Lightspark and Michael Shaulov, Chief Executive Officer & Co-founder, Fireblocks.
The full agenda of the Forum can be found here.
Throughout the two days, participants will also receive exclusive access to sessions such as Roundtables, Think Tanks, 1:1 Curated Business Meetings, and the Industry Networking Party designed to provide opportunities for a meeting of minds between speakers and delegates.